Thursday, March 10, 2011

Love with No Boundries

    
  I really love children. I don't know what it is about them. It could be their innocence, or the way they never judge anyone. It could be the way they look up to you, like you are the best thing they have ever met, a protector and teacher. It could be how honest they are, and how if they tell you that you're beautiful, they really mean it. It's the way they believe everyone is beautiful. How they laugh at everything, and their youth. All these traits are, at an essence, beautiful things. 
  Today, during my PALS class at school, a couple girls and I brought kites to fly outside, as a special treat. It was an amazing expierence. You would think we had spent hundreds of dollars on these things- the kids were so excited. It was the sweetest thing I had ever seen. One girl even wrote about it in her journal- and she didn't even fly the kite. She was just so happy to be there and see her friend being happy.  
  When do we grow up, and stop acting like that? When do we become aware of who we "are"? When do people stop being our friends, and become that kid we had in our fourth grade class? Why does that even happen?  
  If we loved like a child, we would love with no boundaries. The love a child is one that is accepting of everyone- who weeps with a stranger, and admires a friend. Who do good because that's what is right, and genuinely feel bad (usually) when they do wrong. Who has a smile for everyone.  
   It's a vital part of life, to grow up. It's so very important. Along the way, though, alot of us lose that compassion we had in childhood. Instead, it's replaced with greed, prejudice, hate, judgement. I don't know why, but I know my heart has changed since my youth. Being around any of my Kumon Kids, I can definently see that.  
    I plan to spend the rest of my life working with children. You don't have to be a "kid person", however, to have the kind of love they do. Simply remember the good in the world; the good in people, the good in life, the good in YOU. Love with your whole heart, and do not ever be afraid to stop learning. In the Bible, there is a story of Jesus speaking of learning to love like a child; that their innocence and trust is something that adults lose when they grow. Get yours back. Love like a child. You would be amazed how much of a difference it  can make. 


Let's Go Fly A Kite,
Olive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment