Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Control Yourself, Take Only What You Need From It


 UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! I have a roommate for Arkansas next year! This is SO EXCITING! IT makes me ready to leave this very second. WOO PIG SOOIE!  
    However- and I hate to think this- maybe "senioritis" or whatever, is rushing my excitement a bit. Seniors rush this time of year, and we miss out on some of the great things that are left. Don't get me wrong; I'm not one of those nostalgic girls who is going to cry at graduation. When one chapter of life ends, I'm excited for the next one. That's how life is supposed to be. It's not till that time, though, that we should be excited. Let me give you an example of what I mean. 
     When I was in grade school, I would plan out how I thought high school life was supposed to be. I was going to make good grades, be the lead in all the school plays, a cheerleader, have a AMAZING boyfriend, drive the coolest car, and just be really cool. It's funny how my life ended up turning out. It's even stranger that I remember all that.  I think it turned out better.
    I may not be valedictorian, but I have a passion for learning. I don't have a mega cute Ken boyfriend, but I have such amazing friends that I love to pieces. I'm not a cheerleader or in theater any longer, but I help at church, work, and spend time with friends and family; things I'm passionate about. 
    That's what I'm talking about. The life I had now, is not the one I planned so many years ago. The life I am so desperate to plan for college,may not even be half of what I thought it would be. I might hate it and transfer home. I may study abroad. I may graduate top of my class. Who knows? Only one. 
   I'm not saying we shouldn't have goals and expectations for oneself, but so often, especially lately, I find myself so caught up in the future, I forget about where I am right now. It seems trivial, but one day, I may look back and regret not really loving this last year of high school. I would hate for the same to happen to you, no matter where you are in life. Don't forget where you are in this moment, good or bad. Each moment is meant for us to grow, and to be honest, I don't think we ever stop. Growing, I mean. ;)  
   So, as cheesy as it sounds, live each day to the fullest. We never get these days back. Make the most of everything- serve others all you can, laugh nonstop, meet all the people you see, love often. These days, the ones you are in right now, you never get back. Have something to remember. 
   Remember When... 
    Olive :)

1 comment:

  1. Well dear, you're wise beyond your years. CHERISH every moment you have left with your friends. You can't get any of it back once you move on, so don't get TOO pumped for college to come (although it is the bee's knees).

    On another note: WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE! Can't wait for you to experience Fay:)

    ReplyDelete