Thursday, January 13, 2011

Some Clarifications

   To quote the movie Flipped- "Read this, without prejudice." 
Flipped 2010 Poster
  I didn't realize that this blog was going to be read by so many people. I guess I should have expected this, since I did post it on a couple close confidante's Facebook walls. As I posted in my last blog, we all creep. So, before I go on blogging my life, let's clear some things up. 
One. Nickname's are a privilege. 
  Not everyone calls me Olive- to be honest, at first, I did not like it. However, like Vampire Weekend, it began to grow on me. It became something I learned to appreciate, and I share with people I deem worthy. At this point, I think of you guys as friends, but this is my life. Feel free to judge it if you so desire, I can't stop you. I can, however, just choose not to tell you. Depends how much my friendship is worth to you- I won't be offended either way.  
Two. I have angst. 
   I'm not going to apologize for being seventeen- why should I apologize for something we all experience? I'm going to most definently be insecure about my outward looks- I'm a sinner and vanity is a sin. I can't escape what I was born as; however, I can try to stop it. I crush on boys and do silly things, but there is more to me than just that. Do not dilute yourself in saying all you do is party, date, and play. We all know that deep down there is more to you than that.  Just like there is more to me. I believe we are created after our Heavenly Father, that is, our heart's and mind's I mean. That is what's most important about a person, and no matter what brouhaha I say, that is what is most important to me. Who you are on the inside, is what makes and break your true beauty. Or so I believe.  
Three.  Don't ask. 
    I mean, you can ask. You can ponder, wonder, plot, and plan. I mean, I am asking for it- I'm putting my life out on the computer, the world wide web. However, sometimes, it's better not to know everything about a person. So I won't ever use real names. If you can figure out who I am talking about, bravo. Even if you're correct, I won't tell you. I'll probably post pictures of me and my friends and my life on here, and maybe you'll figure it out that way. As for me, though,  I won't spill the beans.  
Four. Who am I?  
        I know vaguely who I am- a teenage girl, a high school senior, a follower of the King of Kings, naive, wise, contradictory, funny, silly, and smart. I can be mean, but I try to be nice. I try to be good, but I know I'll be bad. However, I know what I would like to be; and i guess the best way to I can describe it is through this quote: 
"Luckily I didn't have to answer. He just grinned and said, "Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss...." He turned to me. "But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare."

No comments:

Post a Comment