Tuesday, January 18, 2011

T-Shirt Time Tuesday?

  
   Happy Tuesday amigos! I have to admit, it hasn't been my FAVORITE Tuesday ever, because I have been suffering, according to my dad, "a severe head cold." I'm very much over this sickness- it is so 24 hours ago. Mwahaha. However, every day something great happens, so here's some exciting events, life lessons, and adventures. 
    I work at a childrens tutoring center, with young kids, aged between four and six. ( I know, I'm not quite sure what they're learning either-but some are there to learn English.)  I teach one little girl in particular, who is exceptionally bright. She is four years old and on a second grade reading level, and first grade math level. It's astounding. However, she is four years old, and school can be a little boring. As an encouragement, I would "race" her, by drawing a picture on scraps of paper for her while she does her math, and see who finishes first. (She always won.) 
  She really loved those pictures. She would always tell me how beautiful they were, and how she wished she was my pictures, so she knew that she would be beautiful too. (I know- cutest thing ever.) Of course, she is very beautiful, but it's hard for girls to get that. Any-who, today at work, she came bounding in and bringing me this sketchbook. It turns out she had been keeping all those pictures I had been drawing her, and saving them. Her mom thought it was so great that she bought me a special book so the little girl could keep all of them and have "good paper to color on." (Her words, not mine) 
    I think I almost died on the spot. On this crummy Tuesday, when I looked a complete mess and was listening to the world like it was a Death Cab for Cutie song {Death Cab for Cutie= a band who is really good, but always sounds like they are really far away} this little girl turned my whole day around. I never really got that, how much a little thing, can make a big difference. This Tuesday has been all about little things; getting silly text messages from Clarence of her making dumb faces, or texting Katy about the mental stability of Tom Hanks in AP Government, or getting our Wide Receivers jersey's in. Like my mom says, "be a bucket filler." Every little bit counts.  
      Attention to all my Guidos and Guidettes, this just in; the Jersey Shore sex monkeys have actually imparted some wisdom in tonight's episode. We all knew it was bound to happen sometime, I mean Snooki did write a biography novel. I know you're all dying to know what I gleaned from tonight, so here it is: forgiveness is divine. 
      That's right: Sammi "Sweetheart" asked for forgiveness from Snooks and Deena, and (not) surprisingly, they forgave her. Why is it not surprising? Because no matter how utterly stupid those kids are on that show, they have a deep sense of family. Not just family in the general sense, but treating all people like family. It's actually a pretty sweet concept.  
      I have a friend, and she has had a pretty rough year. Her life has gone through a major change. She has found herself, to be brief, friendless. Now, this is not totally true. She has her boyfriend, her family, and more people than she realizes who care about her. Not to mention she is very beautiful and has many redeeming aspects about herself. 
    However, remember when I said that friends are easy to replace, but the bonds are not as easily repaired? This comes into play. She has spent her time doing different things and spending time with different people. (Namely, her boyfriend.) There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Her boyfriend is a sweet guy and absolutely devoted to her, and she had a great time pursing other extracurricular interests. In the conquest of this new life, she left two best friends behind (along with some other people.) Not out of interest and not out of hate- just in the growing up and growing apart sense. ( Maybe there was a little "i'm too cool for you" in some accounts, but not in the whole.) This tends to cause alot of bitterness, in both parties. 
     I have been ditched many times in my life; sometimes even by said friend. It has taken time to realize that is not me personally, but it is the people I tried to befriend. My friend's best friends and other "friends" have moved on. They have created new friends and new relationships, and it leaves her seemingly standing alone. 
      The truth only hurts if you haven't been truthful with yourself all along. I tried to comfort my friend, but at the same time, she can't ignore some of it is her own doing. Nobody likes to hear that instead of dishing out blame, we sometimes have to take into check what we did as well. I can compare that feeling to someone slapping a wound with a hot chi. Brutal. I don't know why I didn't foresee her snap back. Our conversation quickly ended after that. 
    Today is a new day. Not only that, but "Tiny thing Tuesday", and this morning I got a text. An apology text to be exact, asking if I would still be her friend. It seems ludicrous to me that she would think I would quit being her friend over a hurt girl's retorts, but I told her yes. I hope it made her day a little brighter like it did mine. Forgiveness is truly divine.   


   So. That was a recap of Tuesday- and I have to be honest, that was a fairly ordinary Tuesday. I guess you don't realize how excellent your life truly is until you put it down on paper.  I'm off to go "read" The Odyssey  {codeword, Spark Note it.} Oh, before I forget: SNL UPDATE: we did not win today. There are three more days left, and Rod, Audrey, Erica Rickyy, and I continue to stay hopeful. Stranger things have happened.} 


Stay clean, classy, and coherent my friends. I'll catch y'all on the weekend. 
Olive :)  

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it's me, your gal pal Madi!!!!

    Love the blog and plan on following it.

    Love, your fellow blogger,
    COOPER (that's my alias)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have an alias. I thought that was you, but it said cooper, so i was confused. I'm glad i discovered this comment.

    ReplyDelete